It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for – we’re ready to play some live chess! The Cincinnati Chess Club will be reopening is doors and welcoming members and guests back to the club on Thursday, May 6 at 6:30 pm.
Things will look a little different this spring than they have in the past, we have newly remodeled room, new lighting and resurfaced floors to enjoy and policies in place to ensure a safe, healthy, and enjoyable experience for all.
Please be assured, we are taking all possible steps to ensure this will be a healthy, enjoyable season all. Tables and door handles will be regularly sanitized throughout the property.
No events on the schedule currently. Just casual play. Once players are used to being back, we will post activities and tournaments.
1. Please ensure you are feeling well before coming to the club. (Cover your mouth when sneezing)
2. We encourage all players to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
3. Players must wear a face mask when accessing the property at the CCC. Exceptions are you may remove your mask outside of the building, when eating/ drinking or if you have lung/asthma, breathing issues which state health guidelines allow for.
4. Masks and sanitizer will be available on site.
5. Social distancing should be adhered to by members when accessing the property at the Community Center.
6. Tables are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time. Boards located at opposite ends of table.
All Memberships that were remaining from March 2020 will be allowed the remaining months from that started from that year. Those who purchased memberships during the clubs closing are good from May 6, 2021 until May 6, 2022.
*The Cincinnati Chess Club will be moving it’s Thursday night online “Chess.com” tournaments immediately to “Monday nights” starting this Monday May 10th at 7pm.
The tournaments will discontinue offering prizes and will be for bragging rights and enjoyment only. All the standard formats and time controls will remain.
DUANE LARKIN, CCC PRESIDENT
FRED MASTIN, CCC TREASURER