This Thursday, the 9th, we will be hosting our annual Christmas party, from 7pm till 9pm. The club will be open 6:30-11 with casual play throughout the night.
You won't want to miss this party.
- We will be handing out gift bags to the first 10 children under 12 years old.
- There will be free pizza, hot dogs, drinks, and snacks.
- We will have games with cash prizes.
- There will be a different chess problem every 25 minutes on the demo board, 4 total, each worth $10 to the solver. If more than one correct answer is given a name will be drawn from the correct answers for the prize.
- We'll have a 10-question chess trivia quiz worth $10 to the best score.
- Can you blindfold set the white chess pieces up from a full set of black and white pieces in under 2 minutes? $10 to the winner of that.
If you would like to bring cookies or some type of dessert to pass, please do so. Even if you only come out once or twice a year don't miss this chance for food, fun & camaraderie.
- The club will not be meeting Thursday Dec. 16th.
- The Russ Wilson lecture has been moved to Dec. 30.
- Officer elections will be Jan 20th. You must be current on your dues to nominate and vote. If you have some free time and love chess and would like to see the club prosper and promote chess to the Cincinnati area, please consider running for a position. Please contact Duane L. or Fred M. if you have any questions.